This training provides a basic understanding of the applied verbal behavior (AVB) approach. The foundational elements of the AVB approach are presented, and are contrasted with more traditional approaches to teaching language. The learner is exposed to the basic types of verbal behavior (VB) and to the antecedents and consequences that comprise each type. The importance of using VB assessments to identify the client’s existing repertoires and barriers is highlighted and the key components of teaching using the AVB approach are outlined.
- Learn about verbal behavior
- Learn how verbal behavior is categorized
- Learn about the components to teaching using the verbal behavior approach
- Linda A. LeBlanc, Ph.D., BCBA-D
- Kaneen Geiger, Ph.D., BCBA-D
- Nicole Hanney, M.S., BCBA